Thank you for your interest in RentZa. RentZa is the exclusive property of RentZa Inc., headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Hereinafter referred to as “Us”, “We”, or “RentZa”.
By ”User”, we refer to all individuals or entities that access the site, whether the user is a member or not.
By ”Member”, we refer to all individuals or entities that are registered on the site in order to use its services.
By “Site” we refer to https://www.RentZa, including any subdomains, and any replacement or successor URL, or portions thereof, (hereinafter referred to as “Site” or “RentZa”).
By ”Member Account”, we refer to the private area reserved for each member. It is accessible via a password and contains personal information regarding the member.
By ”Owner”, we refer to each member who lists at least one item for rent, using the RentZa website.
By ” Renter”, we refer to each member who rents an item on the site.
By ”Rental Agreement”, we refer to the agreement made between the Owner and the Renter, obligating the Owner to transfer the usage of the item (object of the contract), and obligating the Renter to pay in exchange an amount, determined in advance or defined by the rental agreement.
By ”Rent”, we refer to the payment made by the Renter to the Owner in order to enjoy usage of the item.
By ”Rental Listing”, we refer to the information published by the Owner advertising an item available for rental.
By ”Reservation Request”, we refer to the request made by a Renter to rent a particular Rental Listing.
By ”Acceptance of the Reservation or Booking Request”, we refer to the online acceptance by the Owner of a Reservation Request made by a Renter, and the concurrent creation of an effective contract between the Owner and the Renter for a particular rental item.
By “Personal Information”, we refer to any personally identifiable information collected through the Site about the individual, including but not limited to the individual’s name, address, and telephone number.
By “Service”, we refer to the Services that RentZa offers through its website, including but not limited to providing an online presence to view, rent, or post Rental Listings and other Content.
By “Content”, we refer to Rental Listings, comments, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials posted on, transmitted through, or linked to the Site.
By “RentZa”, “we”, “us”, “our”, We refer to RentZa , its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures or employees, or anyone acting on its behalf.
By “Price” We refer to the financial payment given to the Owner by the Renter in order to gain use of the Item.
2. Website Description
Create and manage Rental Listings;
Contact Owners through Rentza's messaging system
Provide access to a collaboration of tools
Submit booking requests to owners
3. Conditions of Registration and Membership Status
Our services are reserved to persons lawfully capable, or authorized to be part of a rental contract. If you do not comply with these conditions, you cannot use our services. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend or close Member Accounts without notice for any reason, including, but not limited to:
You will not hold RentZa, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures or employees) liable for claims, demands or damages (actual and consequential) of any kind for the closing of a Member Account.
The Member Account is personal and cannot be transferred to a third party.
The member commits to keep confidential the password he or she chooses for accessing his or her Member Account. The Member Account and the password are personal and cannot be shared, communicated or transferred to any other individual or entity, except as required by law.
The member recognizes and accepts being solely responsible for use of his password and Member Account. The Member accepts being held solely responsible for all consequences and obligations generated by use of his/her password and Member Account by a third party.
The member recognizes and accepts as well that the site can consider usage of his Member Account, username or password as proof of the usage of the Site by this Member. All usage of the Site by way of these elements attributable to the Member is considered as being made by the Member. All evaluations, ratings information and comments are also specific to the Member.
Registration of a Member Account implies, in particular, to provide a valid email address that will be used to communicate between the Member and the Site, and will be used as the unique identifier for the Member Account. All email communications sent by the Site to the Member is understood as having been received by the Member, who takes full knowledge thereof.
In addition, the Member accepts to provide a physical address, which is required by RentZa upon registration of the Member Account and the publication of Rental Listings by Owners, in order to make the best usage our of the geo-localization tools.
4. Fees and Commissions
Access, registration and usage of the website are free.
Unless posted otherwise, our fees are indicated in Canadian dollars (CAD).
The user, member, Renter and Owner all recognize that when renting a product through the site, RentZa can receive, by virtue of a partnership agreement, affiliation agreement or any other contract, a compensation for having put the parties in contact thus enabling the product rental or the service providing by the user thereof. All accept this source of income for the site and give up challenging RentZa responsibility regarding corresponding income.
All general listings are Free. Listings are set to expire after 60 days unless the Owner decides to reactivate a listing. An Owner, has an option to promote a listing to a "Featured" or "Hot" for a fee. The (Pricing) page describes and specifies billing conditions
6. Liability of RentZa
7. Member safety and feedback
RentZa cannot confirm the identity of each member. The overwhelming majority of RentZa Users are trustworthy and well-intentioned. Nevertheless, it's very important to take the same precautions online as you would offline.
RentZa makes available to Members and Users a system of “Comments” or “Evaluations” which allows them to evaluate leave feedback about the person with whom they are doing or have done a transaction. Owners might require positive evaluation or feedback for rental of their Items. The evaluation will also apply to the Owner or the Item, and Renters can evaluate an Owner after a rental.
Moderating Members who list an Item for rent and Users who upload or otherwise post Content on the Site are solely responsible for the content they upload and publish under the law and under RentZa’s Policies. RentZa does not carry out or guarantee the existence of editorial control of the Content published by its Users or Members. Exercising the right to withdraw any Rental Listing or Content that is under dispute does not at all affect the validity, pertinence, quality or legality of any Rental Listing or Content that remains online.
8. Content published on or through the Site.
9. Rental Listings and Rental Transactions
1. Description of the Rental Listings describe Items offered for rent. Rental Listings can only include text, documents and images that the Members decide to upload, at their sole responsibility. All the Items listed for rent must be in the appropriate category and the Owner is solely responsible for choosing the category in which they will place the Rental Listing. The Rental Agreement is not our responsibility; it is a document at the disposal of our member. Extra payments related to the rental of an Item, such as delivery, maintenance or other assistance as linked to a particular rental must be clearly indicated in the “description” zone of the Item.
2. Owner Must Have Rights To The Item Offered For Rent The Owner must have either own the Item, or be lawfully allowed to rent the Item which he or she lists for rent.
3. The Owner cannot, in any case, change the price of a transaction, which he or she has already accepted. When accepting a Booking Request, the Owner is committed to charge the price published in the Booking Request.
4. From the moment of the online publication of a Rental Listing for an Item, until the moment the Owner accepts the Reservation Request, the Owner and the potential Renter cannot exchange (whether or not through the Site) their identity, their contact information, the address of the Owner, Renter or Rental Location, their fax or telephone numbers, email address or a web address.
5. Content of Rental Listings Users and members agree not to ask for any form of financial compensation in relation to the use of the Content published on RentZa. RentZa also has the right to monitor, edit, and partially or totally delete any content found in Rental Listings. RentZa has no obligation of diligence with regards to the publication of content.
7. Member Guarantee Regarding Proprietary RightsThe Member guarantees that he or she possesses all the intellectual rights on the Content of the Rental Listings, texts (Title, subtitle, description), and visual elements. The Member also guarantees that he or she possesses the image reproduction rights, right to image and to personality of the Items and persons depicted or otherwise described in the Rental Listing.
10. Taxes, Licenses, and Certifications
Users and Members are solely liable for any taxes resulting from any Rental Agreement or use of our Services or Site.
Whether you are a business entity or individual, or whether you are an Owner or a Renter, you agree that you are solely responsible to determine what taxes, if any, apply to you and to pay any such taxes. RentZa recommends that you seek advice from a tax professional.
Depending on the circumstances, such as the number of transactions you conduct, the subject matter of the transaction, licenses or certifications might be applicable to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain any licenses or certifications that might be required to conduct a transaction or otherwise use the Services or Site. RentZa is not responsible for determining whether or not you should be licensed and/or certified for the use of the Services or Site, or for conducting a transaction. RentZa makes no representation or guarantee about licensing or certification of its Users or Members.
RentZa reserves the right, without any limits or restrictions and at its sole discretion, to modify in whole or in part and at any time, its Policies. All changes will be effective once published on the Site. Use of the Site after these changes have been published constitutes your acceptance of the modified Policies. RentZa reserves the right to; modify, interrupt, or end at any time any service, without taking responsibility for the consequences resulting from these modifications, interruptions or ending of these services.
15. Use of External Applications
Usage of the application Google Maps is subject to implicit acceptance of the Terms and Conditions for Google Maps (https://maps.google/help/terms_maps.html).
Information on the maps obtained via Google is offered as indications only.
16. Intellectual Property
RentZa cannot be aware of all the content published on the site in all the Rental Listings or in the comments. However, RentZa commits to remove as quickly as possible any copyright protected material once notified.
The brand RentZa is a deposited trademark and is fully and exclusively owned by RentZa Inc. All graphic elements, design elements, presentations, logos relative to RentZa are the exclusive property of RentZa. Any reproduction without RentZa written authorization is strictly prohibited.
17. User’s control over personal information
Rentza Inc. has made a declaration to the Commission of Privacy Protection concerning the storage and treatment of personal information related to the Users. All users have a right to access, modify, correct, and delete any of their personal information, a right which can be used at any time via: RentZa Inc. Calgary, Alberta.
18. RentZa’s use of User’s materials
When using RentZa services, you are requested to provide to us or to other Users information concerning RentZa services, including your registration, your Rental Listings and rental transactions, evaluations and comments, your messages or tickets, or any other information you may publish on the Site. You are solely responsible for this information. RentZa only acts as a passive intermediary in publishing them online.
19. Proprietary Rights
Please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. We are also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to us in any circumstance.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you or any User of the Site believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on the Site, you or the User should send notification to our Designated Agent immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
4. 4. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the materials;
5. 5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and
6. 6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringing.
Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold RentZa and RentZa’s Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees that arise from your use or misuse of Site. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
21. No agency relationship
22. Legal Fees
RentZa Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to organize the defense with a lawyer of their choosing, against all legal claims, legal suits or other affairs that request financial compensation from the user or the member.
23. Relationships between Parties
24. Applicable Law and Legal Jurisdiction
25. Additional Conditions
All notifications at your attention will be sent to the email address you provided when signing up to RentZa. Messages and notifications are considered received 24 hours after the email has been sent, unless we receive a notification stating that the email address is not valid or functioning.